So, it's much, much nicer to run errands and to shop for all of the million different things that you need when you have someone with you. When Kate came with me yesterday to run errands in Toliara, I realized that it was one of the few times when I've had good company for getting things done. It was pretty great. It also helped that everyone was super super nice yesterday. The woman at the spice store was incredible, very sweet, and gave us a little freebie (she should have, I bought half of the store), and the guy at the vazaha store Magic Center was incredibly helpful. He also spoke the most clearly enunciated French I have ever heard, particularly from native speakers. The women who sew the lambas gouged me, but it was okay because the laughed and laughed and fought amongst themselves. Overall, it was a pretty nice day.
In the afternoon we went to Munsa's house to visit and have a little something, and meet his family. He of course gave a little speech as he, Kate & I sat down for a little snack. This speech was on how now he's met my family, and I've met his family, so we're all one big happy family now. It was pretty sweet. His house was great -- far away from the rest of the little village with a lot of room to spread out in. He's in the process of building a new house that he hopes to finish in December. Good luck to him on that one.
No comments:
Post a Comment