
K & I made it back to Betioky this afternoon in way less time than I was expecting. On the way to Toliara we took a little microbus (like a matatu) -- it was pretty quick. The way back we were on a big taxi brusse, so I was expecting a much longer ride. Turns out it was only about an hour longer. And still pretty comfy. We're in the little hotel run by a guy named Hery that's over near the hosptial, for all you folks familiar with Betioky (and there are so, so many who are -- ha!). It's not a bad place. The room has a double bed, with mosquito net AND lights AND a plug for electricity. There's a mostly clean shower (with cold water), and a giant latrine that I could bring all my friends into, but I still can't stand up in. We're going to go find some sambosas and other fried things for dinner. And drink some cold beer. The last cold beer for months. That's a little depressing to think of, but I guess there's always rum!
No comments:
Post a Comment