I've just discovered that I am super awesome at driving ox carts. It's a hidden talent, but one that I hope to work on some more and then open up my own franchise ox carting service, maybe somewhere nice. C & I took a charette (the ox cart) to Betioky so I can go pick K up from Tulear. I tried to walk for a long part of the ride (I don't fit in an ox cart so well), and one of the guys with us, Munsa, was getting very concerned that I would get too tired (what does he think I do in the forest all day? nap?). Anyhow, at one point he made me drive the cart so I would stop walking. It was pretty fun, and much, much nicer than riding in the back with the bags, 2 more people, the food for the cows, a giant sack of sweet potatoes, and 5 ducks. The ride to Betioky wasn't so comfy today.

No comments:
Post a Comment