07 July, 2009

Rookie mistakes

Well, I just made the rookie bush-league mistake of leaving my blackberry in my pocket while running errands this morning -- and of course lost it in a pousse-pousse (Malagasy version of a rickshaw). I'm sure some very poor Malagasy man is going to make a lot of money off of it. I tried calling it and it's already been turned off, so I'm guessing it's a lost cause now. I asked the woman at the reception desk here (Chez Alain) to help me talk to the guy and offer a reward, and when she found out what kind of phone it was her eyes said 'no chance in hell, bud' while her laugh said 'stupid vazaha'. This is what I get for liking that phone so much -- but man, I should know better. I do know better. It's amazing that all things are tranquilo at the forest, but once I come to town I become a complete moron.

To my red blackberry -- I hope you find a nice new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment