08 May, 2009

Going away

Thanks to everyone who came by on Saturday for the going away do. I was completely surprised by all of you who showed up in your t-shirts with the amazing logo that Kate created and then sneakily silk screened. She's way sneakier than I had given her credit for, and now I know that I can open up that screen printing shop that I always wanted -- sit back, drink some beer, and let Kate go to town. Awesome.

The story is that I first saw the design on the t-shirt that my mom was wearing (hot pink). I said I liked the design, but couldn't read the words, so she moved closer with a giant grin on her face. Meanwhile Kate had run off and put on one of the shirts and when I got close enough to my mom, I saw what it was. Then Kate gave me one. Then 20 or so others showed up throughout the night. I loved it.

Seriously though, thanks for coming by. It was a great sendoff. I'm glad that my parents got to meet you all (briefly) and at least see that yes, their weirdo son does have some friends. Despite his poor career choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment