26 October, 2009

The Omnivore's Dilemma

I just finished reading Pollan's book (parts again, parts for the
first time). I forgot that this, actually, is food porn. Blah blah
feedlots blah blah factory farming blah blah hunting delicious pig?
Excuse me? Delicious pork products? Chantarelles? Maybe some chicken
and deviled eggs? I want them. All of them. This is not a book that
should be read when you are forced to eat rice for breakfast,
especially rice with rocks in it. My own personal omnivore's dilemma
is that I haven't had sufficient opportunities to assert my
omnivorosity (yes, this is my new word for the day) here. I guess my
efforts will have to be redoubled.

2 comments:

  1. ha! food porn is exactly what it is!

    omnivorosity, or omnivoraciousness?

    both, probably...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omnivoraciousness will work too. Luckily on Xmas we got to up to omnivore quotient, so all was well. I think next time I come out here, I'm going to bring an Italian man who knows how to cure some meats. Maybe a Beza-centered sopressata?

    ReplyDelete